Spicy Tomato Egg
Introducing the fiery and flavorful Spicy Tomato Egg recipe! This dish combines crispy sourdough toast, topped with homemade Roast Spicy Sauce, crumbly feta cheese, and a perfectly cooked egg. The avocado and red radish add a refreshing crunch, while the dukkah mix and parsley leaves add a nutty and herby touch. This is paired with a tangy, spicy yogurt sauce, making it a perfect breakfast or brunch option. This dish is perfect for those who crave a little heat in their morning meal!
Recipe: Spicy Tomato Egg
Amount Produced: 1-Portion
- 1 pcs Sourdough Toast(slice)
- 200 g Roast Spicy Sauce (Recipe Below)
- 10 g Crumb Feta Cheese
- 8 g Avocado (diced cut) garnish
- Parsley leaves(garnish)
- 2 g Red Radish (slice)
- 3 g Dukkah Mix (garnish) (Recipe Below)
- 20 g Spicy Yogurt (Recipe Below)
- 2 pcs Eggs
- In a skillet or pan on medium heat, add the Roast Spicy Sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes, creating small holes to drop the eggs into.
- Toast the sourdough in butter.
- Garnish with the remaining ingredients.
Recipe: Roast Spicy Sauce
Amount Produced: 1050g
- 800 g Tomatoes Quartered
- 150 g White Onion Rough Diced
- 20 g Garlic Cloves Whole
- 220 g Red Pepper Rough Chopped
- 3 g Cumin Seeds
- 5 g Oregano Dry pinch
- Pinch Salt and Pepper(to taste)
- 30 g CHILLI SAUCE DUBAI oil
- 60 g Tomato Paste
- 170 g Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1/2 tsp Tabchili hot sauce paste
- 30 g Honey
- Add tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and tab oil in a baking tray, with no baking paper. Roast at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, remove, toss the tray to mix the veg, and roast again for another 7-10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add roast veg to pot, then deglaze the roasting tray with some water to get all the roasted flavor from the tray, and add water to the pot.
- Add all the ingredients to the pot and cook on medium heat for around 20 minutes until well combined.
- Using a potato masher, smash all the veg in the pot. Consistency should be quite thick, chunky, and rustic.
- Season to taste.
- Set aside and cool down for at least 30 to 1 hour.
- Then blend the sauce, using the pulse only to keep it chunky.
Recipe: Dukkah Mix
Amount Produced: 770g
- 400 g Macadamia
- 300 g Hazelnuts
- 60 g Sesame seeds toasted
- 4 g chili flakes
- 2 g crack pepper
- 7 g cumin seed
- 5 g coriander seeds
- 20 g sumac powder
- 10 g salt
- Pan roast the cumin seed and coriander seeds.
- Use the mortar for the roast cumin and coriander seeds.
- In a baking pan, mix all the ingredients and roast in the oven at 165 to 170 degrees for 8 to 10mins
- When it is done, chop them all and taste before serving.
Recipe: Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Amount Produced: 550g
- 2 cups Plain Yogurt
- 30 g Cucumber seeded diced small
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint chopped
- 1 tsp Tabchilli Hot Sauce paste
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Mix together yogurt, cucumber, mint, Tabchilli Hot Sauce paste, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors meld together.